Voting System Conflicts

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Dec 12 19:14:28 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 07:06 -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
>
>> As per this consensus, we'll proceed until the previously decided
>> nomination closing time (23:59 UTC today) to see if enough candidates
>> appear to stand for FDSCo election.  If not, we'll postpone FDSCo
>> elections until the end of the month, freeing up the voting system for
>> others to use.
>>

> I'm a bit torn here, showing my indecisive side quite clearly:
>
> * We have not enough candidates for an election (3 nominations, 3 seats,
> so voting isn't useful)

    I agree that voting is not required IF the rules accept the current
situation of no contested seat. But voting might be useful if a voter
can choose to vote for another person, or vote against the person running.

    If voting is required by rules then do it asap. Before one of the
three have have cold feet :-)

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI