CentOS

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 00:14:22 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-12-12 at 20:59 +0900, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/TipsAndTricks
>
> Has a lot of info while not directly related to Fedora will help guide
> people to do certain tasks.
>
> I know they have copied the Red Hat docs as well and licensed them
> appropriately if someone is interested in having a look.
>
> Adjustments can be made or reference to the docs can be done possibly?

CentOS doesn't *license* the Red Hat docs, actually.  Only someone who
holds copyright over a work can license it.  The CentOS project copies
the Red Hat documentation verbatim, which is allowed under the license
which Red Hat gave the docs.  According to the license used, no one is
permitted to adjust the docs without the permission of the copyright
holder.

As for their wiki docs, they are under a CC BY-SA 3.0 license -- which
may be compatible with OPL without restrictions, but we'd need a lawyer
to make that call.

Nothing prevents us from linking though!

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/