Relnotes content feed spam

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Dec 15 04:45:41 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-12-14 at 14:09 -0600, Mike McGrath wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:

> >> Aside from requiring membership there might be some spam headers built
> >> in from Red Hat's scanner to deny some mail if it goes through the
> >> normal list.  Is it going to an @redhat.com or an @fedoraproject.org
> >> address?
> >>
> >> Example headers:

> > The address for the content is fedora-relnotes-content (at) rh d0t com.
> > The mail we're getting in is being stripped of its HTML attachments, so
> > whatever AV solution is there, seems to be working fine.  It would be
> > nice to simply have these vanish before they get passed to the list, but
> > honestly I'm not much of a mail mechanic.  If this is worth a ticket for
> > someone to investigate, I'll be happy to fill one out, but I don't want
> > to create a difficult job for someone when my Del key suffices.
> >

> My mailman foo is a little weak but I think the admin of that list can
> make rules to reject mail with the above headers listed in the message.
> I can assist with this if you guys are interested, I'll just need the
> list password.

I haven't seen any of the SA headers in what goes through relnotes (at)
fedoraproject.org, which feeds to fedora-relnotes-content (at) rh.c.  It
also seems to have HTML in the email, but maybe that's not an
attachment?

The open nature of the address is to:

i. accept incoming email from unknown contributors
ii. accept email from bugzilla

Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41