CLA problem +

Murray McAllister murray.mcallister at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 21:50:28 UTC 2007

On Dec 20, 2007 7:07 AM, Vladimir Kosovac <vnk at mkc.co.nz> wrote:
> Karl, if you specify -a option as well, you should end up with .asc file
> produced, ie:
>
> 1] open terminal and cd to the directory where you saved the .txt attachment
>
> 2] gpg -a --sign fedora-icla-karl.txt
> 3] fedora-icla-karl.txt.asc should now be in the same directory
>
> Vladimir
>

> Karl Larsen wrote:
> >    I have been looking at what has been happening and decided to see
> > where I got my information on your web site. Below are where I found
> > instructions for getting a key:
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/UsingGpg/CreatingKeys
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem/CLAHowTo
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Join
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Join/CheckList
> >
> >    Next I want to check out the CLA problem because it can be that this
> > problem is a BUG for Fedora 8. Since most of you got this step done with
> > zero trouble on earlier versions of Fedora it smells like something
> > changed.
> >
> >    Well you ask for and get a file attached to an email that is:
> >
> > fedora-icla-karl.txt
> > and you are instructed to write:
> >
> >    If you agree to these terms and conditions, type "I agree" here: I agree
> >    Enter your full name here: Karl Larsen
> >    Signing code: 6314c512cb565e955aec16204c1fad48
> >    E-mail: k5di at zianet.com
> >    Date: 2007-12-18 17:00:49.46
> >
> > As you can see I did that. Then your supposed to sign this file with
> > your GPG key using a gpg call. Here is what happened.
> >
> >    At first it would error out with a complaint that a default was
> > wrong. This went on for some time but then it seemed to work. It asked
> > me for my password which I gave it and it made a new file that looks
> > like this:
> >
> > fedora-icla-karl.txt.gpg
> >
> > This file is not what Fedora wants. I sent it in and it sent an error
> > email back. This file is a binary file now and I have no way to read it.
> >
> >    The file that is expected is fedora-icla-karl.asc but on F8 I don't
> > get that.
> >
> >    A question. Does anyone get the desired file on F8? This might be
> > another problem.
> >
> > Karl

Hi,

I believe that would have been my fault, I did not realise you could
use -a instead of "--armor", so when I couldn't find "-a" I thought it
might have been causing him problems.

Yes, I'm a big help :) I should have checked "gpg --help" before
opening my mouth :(

Cheers,

Murray.

pub   1024D/81B3FDEB 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]
Key fingerprint = 4ED9 9907 5BF0 4132 2B46  20D1 C0C6 362D 81B3 FDEB
Murray McAllister (Fedora Docs Project / mdious) <murray.mcallister at gmail.com>
sub   2048g/B04CFA0C 2007-09-19 [expires: 2008-09-18]