CLA problem +

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Wed Dec 19 22:52:47 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Murray McAllister wrote:
>> On Dec 20, 2007 7:07 AM, Vladimir Kosovac <vnk at mkc.co.nz> wrote:
>>
>>> Karl, if you specify -a option as well, you should end up with .asc
>>> file
>>> produced, ie:
>>>
>>> 1] open terminal and cd to the directory where you saved the .txt
>>> attachment
>>>
>>> 2] gpg -a --sign fedora-icla-karl.txt
>>> 3] fedora-icla-karl.txt.asc should now be in the same directory
>>>
>>> Vladimir
>>>

>>>     I have been looking at what has been happening and decided to
>>> see where I got my information on your web site. Below are where I
>>> found instructions for getting a key:
>>>
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/UsingGpg/CreatingKeys
>>>
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Infrastructure/AccountSystem/CLAHowTo
>>>
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Join
>>>
>>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Join/CheckList
>>>
>>>     Next I want to check out the CLA problem because it can be that
>>> this problem is a BUG for Fedora 8. Since most of you got this step
>>> done with zero trouble on earlier versions of Fedora it smells like
>>> something changed.
>>>     Well you ask for and get a file attached to an email that is:
>>>
>>> fedora-icla-karl.txt
>>> and you are instructed to write:
>>>
>>>     If you agree to these terms and conditions, type "I agree" here:
>>> I agree
>>>     Enter your full name here: Karl Larsen
>>>     Signing code: 6314c512cb565e955aec16204c1fad48
>>>     E-mail: k5di at zianet.com
>>>     Date: 2007-12-18 17:00:49.46
>>>
>>> As you can see I did that. Then your supposed to sign this file with
>>> your GPG key using a gpg call. Here is what happened.
>>>
>>>     At first it would error out with a complaint that a default was
>>> wrong. This went on for some time but then it seemed to work. It
>>> asked me for my password which I gave it and it made a new file that
>>> looks like this:
>>>
>>> fedora-icla-karl.txt.gpgfedora-icla-karl.txt.gpg
>>> This file is not what Fedora wants. I sent it in and it sent an
>>> error email back. This file is a binary file now and I have no way
>>> to read it.
>>>     The file that is expected is fedora-icla-karl.asc but on F8 I
>>> don't get that.
>>>     A question. Does anyone get the desired file on F8? This might
>>> be another problem.
>>> Karl
>>>
>>>     OK. I wrote a file as you suggested using -a and the file is now
>>> ascii readable and the name of the file is:
>>>
>>> fedora-icla-karl.txt.asc
>>>
>>> and the file looks like this:
>>>
>>> [karl at k5di ~]$ more fedora-icla-karl.txt.asc
>>> -----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
>>> Version: GnuPG v1.4.7 (GNU/Linux)
>>>
>>> owG1Wc9vJEcVXog4YMEhEpcckEojgWylZ9a/vZ4IkYnXTkbx2ovHSxQhDjXd1TOF
>>> e7pbVd0eDwcEF4TEJVKExAGJEwIJIeXEP5C/hAMIhX+AAxJ871X1r/EEcmG12dg9
>>> Xa/e+973vveq5qOvv/bky6/vr/7xyZ+//eZPvvSnb95NvxGrKDOyr8NE9u+kSQbF
>>> Q/Gu/uh74nauxAV/KF6a7EcqLLbEOI30vY5KmYizLC2MnpZFZsSlDlVqlRjNjFIL
>>> lRZi++xytLMl5kWRD58+XS6XA7fPwKhoLotBmC2eJm6Vfbq1JfDndi7TO7HKShHD
>>> JP5vhE4LZZQt8MMGd8R2MVe8
>>>
>>>     I sent this file back in exactly the way it was asked and I got
>>> this email back:
>>>
>>> With regards to "Re: Fedora Individual Contributor License Agreement".
>>>
>>> Your message could not be processed.
>>>
>>> Reason:
>>>
>>> The signature could not be processed.  The signature may have been
>>> created or attached improperly, it might not match the key ID you
>>> have registered in the Account System, or the public key may not
>>> have been found on the key server.  For guidance, please see the
>>> following page:
>>>
>>> It refers me to the wiki where I was before many times.
>>>
>>>     A little progress but still not right.
>>> Karl

    I just checked, and changed my email signature and am now certain
the keys my registration has are the ones I'm now using. I have changed
them a lot trying to get this system to work.

Karl

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User