Enough

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 03:07:22 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 16:56 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:

>     I was tired and frustrated. I revert to slang when in this mood and
> it is in bad taste. But years ago I owned a business and it was not bad
> manners to cuss in business.

Sure, we all get tired and frustrated and do some version of cussing.
My concern was mainly with the tone and attitude from a contributor
toward another contributor.

>     The current Fedora Doc is almost impossible to join. Much of the
> Fedora features have no, or very poor documentation. So I now know why
> the documentation is poor. I do not wish those of you who have been here
> for years any ill will.
>
>     Please look at the demographic numbers for your group. How much
> money did you make last year? How many more are on the staff? All this
> will be small and it is because of the way you run it.

I presume you mean that as a metaphor?  Because there are no staff or
profits.  Fedora Docs is 100% volunteer contributors, including myself.

>     Perhaps I should have quit when I planed to. Looking at your plans
> the Legal work will take lots of hours through March 08 and that will
> slide I'm sure :-)
>
>     Merry Christmas to you all.

And to you, as well as a happy New Year.

Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41