wiki questions, Moin versions, and click-through CLA

Mike McGrath mmcgrath at redhat.com
Fri Dec 21 19:02:09 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
> John Babich wrote:
>> On Dec 21, 2007 5:05 PM, Mike McGrath <mmcgrath at redhat.com> wrote:
>> <snip>
>>
>>> I was actually talking about the Fedora Account System 2 session :)
>>> That sounds very much like the lowering the barriers session from last
>>> year (which, really, we should have every FUDCon and I'm quite glad to
>>> see you doing it).  Just in case things go for worst and I can't
>>> make it
>>> to yours and you can't make it to the FAS session.  Take a look at
>>> this:
>>>
>>> https://publictest3.fedoraproject.org/fas/
>>>

>> I stand corrected. Should we combine the two sessions? There seems to
>> be enough overlap to justify it. On the other hand, perhaps my
>> proposed session should be  broader in scope and address all ways to
>> improve the contributor experience, AKA lowering the barriers.
>>

>>> Its currently still in test so feel free to make up a user, it will
>>> have
>>> no barring on your actual user and you can just come up with whatever
>>> you want.  There is a CLA process in there that I think you'll find
>>> MUCH
>>> easier then the current method.  There's also some bits for signing a
>>> clickthrough CLA though I'm not sure how far along those bits are.  Let
>>> me know what you think.
>>>

>> I'll check it out.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> John "lower those barriers" Babich
>>

>    Just a point about Lowering the Barriers. Right now if you follow
> the instructions on the web pages you will never join the Doc. There
> are ways to do it in other places and I tried one. Not sure yet if it
> worked :-)

Karl listen, I've been nice by not saying anything but now I'm going
to.  Over 1500 people have completed the very process that you're
complaining about.  Even in the time you've tried to apply people have
succeeded.  Its not an easy process but it does take a level of
competence and independance to complete (we're working on making it
better, really) I'm not making fun, but your jabs and quips aren't
helping anyone.  The docs mailing list is not the place for technical
support for signing the CLA and the fedora-list is not a blog.

    -Mike