CLS problem

Vladimir Kosovac vnk at mkc.co.nz
Sat Dec 22 23:47:28 UTC 2007

Karl, please try in exactly this order:

1] save the original fedora-icla-karl.txt attachment to your Desktop
2] start Applications-->Accessories-->Text Editor
3] In Text Editor, click File-->Open and browse to:
Desktop/fedora-icla-karl.txt
4] Fill in required details
5] In Text Editor, click File-->Save and close the editor.
6] Open Terminal
7] run this command:

gpg -a --sign Desktop/fedora-icla-karl.txt

and enter your GPG passphrase when prompted
8] File fedora-icla-karl.txt.asc should now be in ~/Desktop
9] Send this file as an attachment to email message
10] (optional) let us know whether it worked

Vladimir

Karl Larsen wrote:
>    I am not able to do this. I have been trying to reply to email sent
> to me with the file  fedora-icla-karl.txt which I added the I Agree and
> Karl Larsen to. The new Instructions show how to do this with Gedit and
> I used that. The resulting file is very different than the one made
> directly with gpg. Here is the new file:
>

> The Fedora Project
> Individual Contributor License Agreement (CLA)
> http://www.fedora.redhat.com/licenses/
>
>    Thank you for your interest in The Fedora Project (the
>    "Project"). In order to clarify the intellectual property license
>    granted with Contributions from any person or entity, Red hat,
>    Inc. ("Red Hat"), as maintainer of the Project, must have a
>    Contributor License Agreement (CLA) on file that has been signed
>    by each Contributor, indicating agreement to the license terms
>    below. This license is for Your protection as a Contributor as
>    well as the protection of the Project and its users; it does not
>    change your rights to use your own Contributions for any other
>    purpose.
>
>    If you have not already done so, please complete an original signed
>    Agreement. Use black ink, and hand-print or type the items other than
>    the signature. Send the completed Agreement to
>
>        Fedora Project, c/o Red Hat, Inc.,
>        Attn: Legal Affairs
>        1801 Varsity Drive
>        Raleigh, North Carolina, 27606 U.S.A.
>
>   If necessary, you may send it by facsimile to the Project at
>   +1-919-754-3704 or e-mail a signed pdf copy of the document to
>   fedora-legal at redhat.com. Please read this document carefully before
>   signing and keep a copy for your records.
>
>    Full name:                  Karl Larsen  E-Mail:      k5di at zianet.com
>
>    Address:
> 3310 East Street, Las Cruces, NM 88005
>
>    Telephone: 575 524-3303
>
>    Facsimile:
>
>    You and the Project hereby accept and agree to the following terms
> and conditions:
>
>    1. Contributors and Contributions.
>
>       A. The Project and any individual or legal entity that
>       voluntarily submits to the Project a Contribution are
>       collectively addressed herein as "Contributors". For legal
>       entities, the entity making a Contribution and all other
>       entities that control, are controlled by, or are under common
>       control with that entity are considered to be a single
>       Contributor. For the purposes of this definition, "control"
>       means (i) the power, direct or indirect, to cause the direction
>       or management of such entity, whether by contract or otherwise,
>       or (ii) ownership of fifty percent (50%) or more of the
>       outstanding shares, or (iii) beneficial ownership of such
>       entity.
>
>       B. A "Contribution" is any original work, including any
>       modification or addition to an existing work, that has been
>       submitted for inclusion in, or documentation of, any of the
>       products owned or managed by the Project, where such work
> [...]

   When I reply to the email I put this file in as an Attachment as the
Instructions say on Thunderbird but the return message says it didn't
work. Any ideas?

Karl