CLS problem

Karl Larsen k5di at zianet.com
Sun Dec 23 17:24:44 UTC 2007

Karl Larsen wrote:
> Paul W. Frields wrote:
>> On Sun, 2007-12-23 at 08:50 -0700, Karl Larsen wrote:
>>
>>> WOW! I do not know how to test it guys but I made [B6262B7E]  with
>>> Seahorse and followed exactly the instructions to send it to MIT. It
>>> looks like it didn't work.
>>>
>>> I will start again with a new key and make dam sure it gets to MIT.
>>> This key business is a lot of trouble for a tiny payback.
>>>

>> I beg to differ, the payback is HUGE.  I've been working with the Fedora
>> Project for over four years now, and it is one of the most rewarding
>> parts of my life.  I've been part of a worldwide movement that continues
>> to change the nature of the global information economy; I've learned a
>> huge number of new skills, maybe some better than others; I've helped
>> seed work (in some very tiny way, surely) to put technology in the hands
>> of children in developing nations, and I've met many fantastic and
>> brilliant people while doing it.
>>

>    I am on the web at http://gpgMIT.com and it is broken at 10 AM
> Sunday December 23 2007. It will not accept FE2353A7 or 0xFE2353A7 or
> anything so I can't join now. I will try again later today but Monday
> may be the soonest I can get my new key to them. This is a big problem
> if you need to do it, and a bigger problem if you thought you did but
> you didn't. The web page is good because when it says it did you can
> see if that is so.
>
> Karl

    Well I used the manual way to send the key out and that went just
now and wrote:

gpg: sending key FE2353A7 to hkp server subkeys.pgp.net

I will check and see if MIT has it yet.

Well MIT has not got it so still dead in the water...how do you check
for a key using gpg or seahorse?

--

	Karl F. Larsen, AKA K5DI
	Linux User