Seeking clarification on the FDSCo Elections

John Babich jmbabich at
Tue Feb 6 10:15:43 UTC 2007

FDP Team Members:

We need to decide whether to go ahead with the FDSCo election or
postpone it to a future date.

First, I would like to bring up some unfinished business:

On 2/3/07, Karsten Wade <kwade at> wrote:

> We need to approach some people who are hesitant about putting
> themselves in.  Relative newcomers are welcome, but may not know it.

As a relative newcomer myself, I would encourage people to dive in.
I know that there is a great deal I need to learn in order to better
contribute to the Fedora Docs Project. IMHO, the best way to learn
is by doing. Please consider getting involved by nominating yourself
for the FDP steering committee.

> > 9. If there are still less than 7 candidates, then voting will take
> > place with the number of candidates posted (doc #2).
> Yes, but we can review if this still makes sense.  We are not in such a
> hurry as to require making bad decisions. :)

I would like to extend the period for nominations so that more people,
including Karsten :-) , can put their names on the ballot.

> We have always used the 23:59 UTC on the calendar date specified.  Makes
> sense?

Perfect sense - now I know the standard. Let's put it on the web page so that
it is an "open" standard. :-)

> > 2. WIll the next wave of self-nominations close on 6 February or 9 February?
> Ouch, I cannot figure this out right now, brain tired.  Let's decide
> this in the morning.

It is now 6 February. Do we go with 9 February or do we reschedule the
election? I would prefer to go ahead with the election, if possible.

Of course, we all need to be crystal-clear on the rules. How can we clarify
them quickly?

John Babich
Volunteer, Fedora Docs Project

More information about the fedora-docs-list mailing list