Seeking clarification on the FDSCo Elections

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Feb 7 12:28:47 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-02-06 at 19:01 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> The current policy is clear that there's a one-week delay, then we have
> the election and simply confirm the existing nominations to start with
> if we're at fewer than the number of seats open.  Of course, that policy
> reads "proposal" at the top, so that makes it a little... er, less
> clear.
>
> I therefore make a counterproposal: We reschedule for nominations
> closing on the 13th, elections starting on the 16th (2359 UTC all
> dates).  This gives us time to address this at a FDSCo meeting tonight
> if possible, or at worst, here on the list, which is understandably a
> little quiet since we all wore ourselves out at FUDCon.
>
> I'll also suggest at the meeting that we discuss the proposal, which
> didn't get a lot of uptake here on the list.  Join us at #fedora-docs if
> you're able.

Since no meeting, I also wanted to suggest that we clarify term limits.
The proposal says indefinite term, but that's not kosher IMHO.  I
thought we agreed on staggering terms, but I need to check my old IRC
logs from FDSCo meetings to see what exactly was decided.  I'm pretty
sure it didn't take into account, though, bypassing the vote taking and
simply placing nominees in FDSCo seats (as would happen in the event of
numCandidates < numSeats).