Fedora 7 Test 1 and release notes

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 8 07:08:02 UTC 2007

Hi

Some strong notes here:

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070205#news

A followup comment #72 by the author (CC'ed) reveals that the primary
concern is over lack of release notes.

http://distrowatch.com/weekly.php?issue=20070205&mode=16#comments

Of course with our level of resources doing full fledged releases notes
and translation for a test 1 release of a fast moving distribution like
Fedora is not easily done. I was traveling to FUDCon Boston 2007
finalized and unfortunately didnt have any time to work on the release
notes but this shouldnt be resting on me entirely. However a single page
overview or some notes within the announcements itself wouldnt take much
time.

It would also be good to link to our QA efforts and release process like
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/7/Test1TreeTesting to avoid the
impressions of a lack minute rush up job. The more transparent we are
with our development efforts, the better we would be at avoiding
misconceptions.

Rahul