Self-Introduction: Maxim Dziumanenko

Bart Couvreur couf at skynet.be
Thu Feb 8 11:26:36 UTC 2007

Maxim V. Dziumanenko schreef:
> У Чтв, 2007-02-08 у 12:42 +0300, John Babich пише:
> Maxim:
>> ЛАСКАВО ПРОСИМО !
>
> Дякую!

Hi Maxim,

Welcome to Fedora Documentation Project!

> I have already translated Release-notes in Ukrainian using
> i18n.redhat.com, but it's not enough to get fully translated html. I
> still have no access to docs-common, that's why I need access to docs
> CVS.

The translation process used in Fedora Documentation is documented here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Translation

For getting access to the CVS repository, please see
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/CvsUsage

As of some time, you need to be sponsored to get CVS access, which means
one of the translators-sponsors (Dimitris Glezos or myself) will help
you through the process. Normally you have anonymous access to the
repository (as described in the link above). For starters I would
recommend to start with the Translation Quick Start Guide (in cvs:
translation-quick-start-guide). You'll also need docs-common.

If you have any problems, don't hesitate to contact the mailinglist.

> I have completed procedure described in Translation Quick Start Guide,
> but as far as I understand somebody should approve CVS access of 'mvdz'.
> Also I'm going to translate fedoraproject.org wiki pages in Ukrainian
> and I've created appropriate Wiki account. What else do I need to do?

Editing the wiki is described here:
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/WikiEditing

> Btw, is this correct maillist for this topic? Should I mail to other
> maillist?

Absolutly!

> Thanks a lot

Welcome again to FDP!