Fedora 7 Test 1 and release notes

John Babich jmbabich at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 07:07:44 UTC 2007

Fedora Docs Team:

I reviewed the ongoing discussion on this topic and made the
following changes to the wiki page for Fedora 7 Test 1 Release
Notes at
http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/JohnBabich/Sandbox/Releasenotes

1. Explained that test release notes change rapidly and that it's not
   practical to translate them.

2. Added link to  Fedora 7 Test 1 QA page

http://www.fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/7/Test1TreeTesting

3. Did a general revision to emphasize that this is a test release
   and a work-in-progress.

I think I've done everything I can do at this point.

What needs to be done:

1. Agree that this is ready for publishing on the wiki.

2. Move it to its final location on the wiki.

3. Advertise that these are the release notes for Fedora 7 Test 1.

Think of this as an experiment on how to provide *test* release notes.

I think the process for publishing the *final* release notes is fine and
should stay the same. Of course, we should continue to tweak the
final publication procedures, but I feel it provides a professional-quality
document.

John Babich

Living with the existential tension between these two great truths:

"If it ain't broke, don't fix it"

and

"Good, better, best / Never let it rest /
Till your good is better / and your better, best"