Fedora 7 Test 1 and release notes

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Feb 9 16:14:26 UTC 2007

> Which is why I said that individual developers need to be more proactive
> on passing on important upstream as well as Fedora specific changes. Any
> single person doing it is going to be painful.

+1

It is a SERIOUS problem that Fedora developers, for the most part, do
not make any content changes in Docs/Beats/.  The space has been there
for months, they could be making continual notes in public about their
section of the release, but they do not.

We are missing a big opportunity here.  I think FDP is doing all it can
to move this forward.  I escalated the problem to the board.

When it is this easy[1] to file a release note, there is simply no
excuse not to do it.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/ReleaseNotes/Process#submitting

> I think we are aiming at a different audience for each of the test
> releases. We need to agree on and pass on that to the wider folks involved.

+1 ... about time we do that.  Make it very clear in the announcement:

test1 -- for developers, use at your own risk, contains many half-baked
items

test2 -- for early adopters, most things should work and we REALLY NEED
YOUR HELP to find what is broken

test3 -- for beta users, this is the place where we MUST HAVE full
community participation; otherwise, when it is released and doesn't work
on our hardware, it is you who suffers the most.

Like that?

Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project