Install Guide strings for Figure, Chapter, Section etc.

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Feb 19 14:25:31 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 09:10 -0500, Igor Miletic wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Does anyone know where can I find strings for words Figure, Chapter and
> Section to translate in Install Guide? They are not in main po file and
> I was not able to find them in docs-common.
>
> Another question. Are there plans to create po files for DUG? It looks
> very useful for beginners and it would be nice if it was available for
> translation.

Igor,

You shouldn't translate those strings, if they occur inside XML tags,
like "<figure>" or "</section>".  Those are DocBook XML markers and are
only used to mark elements of content, and don't appear in the
translated versions.  If I've completely missed your point, please let
me know!

As for the PO files for DUG, yes, we will be converting the DUG into
DocBook and creating POT for translation.  That will happen next week or
so, after the wiki is upgraded to provide the "convert to DocBook"
starter function.  Thanks for asking and we look forward to seeing your
good work.