Install Guide strings for Figure, Chapter, Section etc.

Igor Miletic grejigl-gnomeprevod at yahoo.ca
Mon Feb 19 14:47:22 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 09:25 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-02-19 at 09:10 -0500, Igor Miletic wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > Does anyone know where can I find strings for words Figure, Chapter and
> > Section to translate in Install Guide? They are not in main po file and
> > I was not able to find them in docs-common.
> >
> > Another question. Are there plans to create po files for DUG? It looks
> > very useful for beginners and it would be nice if it was available for
> > translation.
>
> Igor,
>
> You shouldn't translate those strings, if they occur inside XML tags,
> like "<figure>" or "</section>".  Those are DocBook XML markers and are
> only used to mark elements of content, and don't appear in the
> translated versions.  If I've completely missed your point, please let
> me know!

Hi Paul,

Thanks for quick reply.
I guess I was not clear. I was not asking for xml tags to translate, I
was thinking of captions for figures, sections and chapters (i.e.
"Figure 7.7. HTTP Setup Dialog" or "Chapter 7. Installation Methods").

While po file for Install Guide contains strings "HTTP Setup Dialog" and
"Installation Methods" for translation, I could not find strings
"Figure" and "Chapter". Funny part is that I actually translated those
strings somewhere, but I made mistake when I did it, and now I can not
find it anymore :).

Regards,
Igor