reStructured Text now supported on the wiki

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Feb 24 16:00:03 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-02-24 at 09:28 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>
>> For those who don't know anything about ReStructured Text (ReST), this
>> could be *very* helpful for docs, especially the Release Notes.
>
> To do this, we need to convert our current pages and make sure there are
> useful references for Beat writers to follow.
>
> First we want to assess, should we convert early and teach sooner, or
> convert later after all the content is in?

If this is for the release notes, I would prefer any change in markup
happen at the earliest possible occasion. As early as Fedora 7 Test 2.

* Ensure that you indeed have a advantage in converting from rest to
docbook as opposed to moin code which hasnt been upstreamed yet.
Alternatively continue to push for the conversion code to be merged. We
dont want that work to stagnate and become irrelevant when a new major
version of moinmoin pops out.

* Provide sample content in the form of release notes to demonstrate of
its capabilities as a better markup language.

Rahul