Config stuff and glump (as my introduction)

David Douthitt ssrat at ticon.net
Sun Jan 7 03:10:31 UTC 2007

Konstantin Ryabitsev wrote:
> I do hate cfengine (probably party due to the way it's set
> up here), and I do not consider puppet to be a good alternative,
> mostly because it's "yet another config language" and because it's
> written in ruby.
Well.... I personally think that puppet being written in Ruby is a plus :-P

However, puppet itself is not Ruby; it is only developed in Ruby.  Ruby
is also used extensively for the FreeBSD portsupgrade tool and for Ruby
on Rails.  I suspect its more widely used than most realize, and if I'm
not mistaken, Ruby is included in one or more of the standard Red Hat
installs.

I must admit that the creation of my first customized Red Hat
installation CDROMs was largely done to include Ruby v1.4....