Getting Started

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Wed Jan 17 20:51:49 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-01-17 at 12:07 -0600, Eddie Elizondo wrote:
> My CLA has been accepted, and I have also created a wiki account under
> EddieElizondo.  I always agree with consistency, so I have gone through
> the style guide you linked here.  Also, I am willing/able to edit in the
> official docs found on fedora.redhat.com.  It'll take some time to get
> adjusted to the format that page and others are in, but I should be able
> to edit docs for grammar as according to the guidelines quicker.
> I've gone through several pages discussing this, but I'm hoping someone
> here can give me a quick rundown as to how the docs process works, where
> I come in, etc.  Also, will I need to setup CVS on my computer?

You can do editing of drafts¹ on the Wiki with only a Web browser.  The
docs on the f.r.c/docs web site all have editors assigned as I recall.
I confirmed your CLA status and added you to the EditGroup and our
DocWritersGroup on the wiki, so you can start any time you like.

¹ http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts