help define our workflow, other notes

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Jul 13 23:50:17 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-07-13 at 16:05 -0600, Jonathan Steffan wrote:

> This should be up for more discussion when in Draft. Some times it is
> just a small trivial edit and the change will be pushed to CVS when we
> move to "stable".

Just remember that Plone is just another VCS user at this point.  We
could introduce conflicts in the file and have to manually merge.

Presumably this would be a crazy thing for Plone to handle.  Perhaps it
can throw a warning when it gets CVS conflicts, telling the user to fix
it manually.  If Plone can expose the file for manual fixes, that's fine
too.

> I've attached the new draft diagram of what our workflow might come
> close to looking like. Expect more revisions but this should help clue
> people into the whole "workflow" system more. The latest worflow draft
> is "workflow2.png" ... I've attached old work so everyone can see.

Friends - it is definitely time for some input.

Most of you will use this new system to publish documents.

Many of us will write with this system.

If we do this correctly, everything we do will be 10x easier and 10x
better.

   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project