About the directory structure for storing man/info files (SoC work)

ria das mailtoria at gmail.com
Tue Jul 17 18:01:38 UTC 2007

Hi,

My previous project plan was :
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/SummerOfCode/2007/RiaDas
Here I planned to keep man pages in a directory structure like :
/manual

|-f7/
|    |-html/
|    |       |
|    |       |
|    |       |-man/
|    |       |       |-man1/
|    |       |       |-man2/
|    |       |
|    |       |-info/
|    |-rawfiles/*.[1-8] , *.texi

|-rawhide/

|-fc6/

Now the question is how to handle the updates ? If we follow this
directory structure, then a new update will overwrite the previous
file and they will be same across all releases (mostly) . One thing
can be done is to only update rawhide based files. All other releases
will have release time man/info files. So, when people will check the
diffs between two releases they will get it.
And the main manual folder may be in some other place, but will be
available under webserver .
Please suggest me on this.

Ria Das