About the directory structure for storing man/info files (SoC work)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Jul 19 16:09:28 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-07-19 at 02:23 +0530, ria das wrote:
> On 7/19/07, Jeff Sheltren <sheltren at cs.ucsb.edu> wrote:
> > Hi Ria, this would still allow you to perform a diff between
> > different releases.  I'm just saying that I don't see a need for
> > having multiple versions of a man page for a single Fedora release.
> >
> That's what I also don't want :).
> I want to have updated man/info pages only in rawhide branch of the
> system. Other releases
> will have the man/info pages at the release time so that I can have a diff.

Are you thinking that the update to a version of a man page, for example
in F7, might be the same content as in rawhide?

What are the various uses for the specific diff you are looking for?

Regardless, it might be enough to say:

"These are man/info pages at the time of the shipping version of Fedora.
For the latest version of the man page, use the 'rawhide' directory.
For content relevant to software packages that been updated since the
specific version of Fedora shipped, use the 'rawhide' directory."

   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project