Fedora 7 FAQ

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jun 9 04:03:09 UTC 2007

Paul W. Frields wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-06-09 at 08:54 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>> See
>> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-websites-list/2007-June/msg00055.html.
>> I would appreciate if someone here could list the FAQ in docs.fp.o. If
>> you have access please link the FAQ from the frontpage of fp.o too.
>>
>> Other changes can probably wait till someone within the websites team
>> bothers to look into it.
>
> I dig the FAQ, but didn't we just go through a redesign to slim the
> front page down so that it had far fewer links?  I think linking this
> from docs.fp.o is a great idea -- from the front fp.o page, it's not.

Atleast for sometime I think linking from the front page would help
direct end users quickly to the answers they are likely to be looking
for. These are not anticipatory FAQ's but questions I have repeatedly
answered in fedora list and forums so they have a high chance to be
actually useful.

I think we should have a similar release specific FAQ for a month or two
after release time linked prominently from the front page. If you
strongly feel that this is unnecessary a docs.fp.o link is still better
than nothing. Can you do that?

Rahul