Stagnant TQSG entries

Bart Couvreur couf at skynet.be
Tue Jun 12 12:24:29 UTC 2007

Op dinsdag 12-06-2007 om 11:25 uur [tijdzone +0100], schreef Dimitris
Glezos:
> O/H Paul W. Frields έγραψε:
> > Four (4) of the 14 translations of the Translation Quick Start Guide are
> > outdated and I believe they should be removed.  Old and likely
> > misleading information is damaging to new contributors' morale and
> > process understanding.  However, this has obvious implications for
> > links.  A future publishing platform should provide some safeguards
> > here, since an out-of-date translation could be redirected along with a
> > helpful banner message telling the contributor why he's reading the
> > canonical version and not the translation he originally wanted.
>
> +1. With a WUI for docs trans stats (wow, what a killer of the english
> language!) and `-trans-commits`, monitoring POT files like this one would be easier.

Ow definitely

> The TQSG needs an overhaul anyhow.

Yeah, but I guess waiting until the WUI is up and functional (well it
already is, but you know) would be best. Adding more stuff will just
complicate it later on. It's good as it is for now.

> > I'm going to add this to tomorrow's agenda; if for some reason I can't
> > make it to the meeting please feel free to discuss, although I hope to
> > be there this time.

Absolutly

--
Bart <couf at fedoraproject.org> <couf at skynet.be>
key fingerprint: 6AAB 544D 3432 D013 776D  3602 ADB6 6B2A D93F 0F93