Working, Elegant DocBook to PDF Solution

John Babich jmbabich at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 13:18:48 UTC 2007

On 6/13/07, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> <snip>
> I haven't looked at CUPS-PDF closely, but does it handle other useful
> PDF conventions?
>
> * Table of Contents
No
> * Links rendered as footnotes
No
> * Control over the styling for improved print quality
No

CUPS-PDF, as far as I know, provides the ability to capture any output that
is print-capable to a PDF file. What I was doing previously was generating a PS
file, then using ps2pdf to create a PDF file.

CUPS-PDF saves me from doing the additional steps and it creates output with
text and which can be copied and pasted into another document, unlike ps2pdf.

John Babich
Volunteer, Fedora Docs Project