GSoC - Target Practice

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Jun 16 18:33:54 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-16 at 11:24 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:

> Some other ideas:

I forgot another idea we should throw in the pool:

* Bugzilla integration:
  - For every document that is a published 'final' version, Plone
displays a link to a pre-filled bug report via the new bugs.fp.o
interface
  - This can be enabled optionally for draft documents, to allow for bug
tracking against drafts
  - Linking feature, so a document can be linked to one or many bug
reports
    - E.g. link to usage of requires_fedora_release_note from the
resulting relnotes content
  - Back-linking feature, to automatically write published document URLs
back in to bugzilla comments
  - Ease-of/auto-creation of tracking bugs

Some version of the first item is probably the most important, and also
the easiest to do.  We could use a pre-filled bugzilla URL and cleverly
write into it with document-specific content.  See recent discussions on
fedora-websites-list for what Will has planned for the Fedora-specific
bugzilla interface.

   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project