one at a time

Jonathan Roberts jonathan.roberts.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 21 17:05:45 UTC 2007

On 21/06/07, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
> In recent meetings, FDSCo decided it would be a good idea for all of us
> to focus on completing one guide at a time.  Right now we are running in
> parallel and making slower progress.
>
> What do you think of this idea?

Looks good to me :D

> How does this order sound?
>
>  1. SMG (split) => UG, AG

Pirut and Pup tutorials have already been moved to the UG, does
anything else need moving to the UG? I'll move across what I guess is
appropriate to the AG now, unless others have objections?

>  2. UG

Could do with the task list updating for this so we have know what
we're doing when we get started? Lol, well I guess somebody knows what
still needs doing, but I'm a little lost.

>  3. SpinG

I've done some updates to this today: talked to kanarip and he gave me
a load of use cases he would like to see documented, which I threw
onto a wiki page. I've written one and will progress on the others as
we go.

>  4. AG
>  5. DevelG
>  6. RPM Guide
>
> I think the first task is going to be fairly easily accomplished, and it
> supports the second.  We've all agreed that the spin work is important,
> but it is targeted at a much smaller audience than the User Guide.

Yeah, definately :D

> My thinking for putting the spin work in front of the Admin Guide is
> that i) the spin work is easier (shorter, more material existing), and
> ii) the AG is going to be a bit harder to do. :)

Haha yes I like this thinking. Hope my comments were helpful/relevant.

Jon