rpm guide

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Sat Jun 23 13:51:40 UTC 2007

On Sat, 2007-06-23 at 11:45 +0530, josemm at fedoraproject.org wrote:
> Hello,
>        should there be a link to the rpm guide on the
> docs.fedoraproject.org wiki. or is it that only the completed tasks
> are put on the bar on the left hand side.

Second part is correct -- only completed docs are supposed to be
published on the front of docs.fedoraproject.org.

>  anyway there is no reference
> to the rpm guide on the docs.fedoraproject.org wiki. Its almost as if
> the guide is not present on the site.

It's true that it is not made obvious anywhere; you have to know where
to look.

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/drafts/rpm-guide-en/

That content is generated from:

cvs.fedoraproject.org:/cvs/docs/rpm-guide/

You can check out that module from anonymous CVS or with a user account.
It may need some updates to work with current version of the toolchain;
let's find out.

> A few questions
>
> 1. can there be a link on the main page that points to the rpm guide?

The RPM Guide is two years out of date.  I agree there could be a box
for "DRAFT" documents on the front of docs.fedoraproject.org.  This
guide needs more work, then we can put out a new draft.

We've talked about having an automagic way that builds all the documents
from HEAD in CVS, then publishes them at for example
docs.fedoraproject.org/rawdocs or /docs-rawhide.  So, there are a couple
of ways we can make the guide available while it is being worked on.

   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project