BTW Guys

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon Jun 11 20:05:54 UTC 2007

http://fedoraproject.org/awstats/docs/awstats.docs.fedoraproject.org.html

On Mon, 2007-06-11 at 19:20 +0200, Marek Mahut wrote:

> Another funny thing:
>
> Search Keyphrases (Top 10)
> --------------------------
> disable selinux	 			569 		2.4 %

After looking at the stats for a while, I think this is one of the most
important metrics on there.

Dan -- we don't have anyone maintaining a canonical SELinux FAQ.  If you
google for "disable selinux", the top two hits are the FC3 SELinux FAQ
and the RHEL 4 SELinux Guide.  We need a new, permanent URL that we can
work on getting up the ranks.

fedoraproject.org/security/SELinux ???
fedoraproject.org/SELinux ???
selinux.fedoraproject.org ???

It can redirect to wiki/SELinux for now, but I think we want a
better-maintained project and help page than what we get with the Wiki.
That is, an actual Plone page.  Easy to maintain as the Wiki, better
tooling.

To get it up the ranks, we may want to update the top page on all
versions of the SELinux FAQ to point people at the page.

But it all starts with getting the SELinux content under one location,
and some regular contributors from this project helping out.  I think
the XML in CVS + archaic publishing method barrier struck again when it
came to keeping the SELinux FAQ updated.

   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project