PDF format guides

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sat Mar 3 13:25:24 UTC 2007

O/H John Babich έγραψε:
> On 3/1/07, Karsten Wade <kwade at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Here is the one I built this morning using htmldoc, as per Dimitris
>> suggestion:
> I uploaded a quick PDF I created with no attempt to beautify it. I took
> your no-chunks HTML and just printed it using cups-PDF. I didn't see
> any graphics in your web page, except for admonitions icons,  so you
> won't see any in the doc.

So we now have two ways to create PDFs. One is `htmldoc` and the other is
`cups-PDF`.

Although none of them at the time is integrated into our toolchain, they are not
bad at all to manually create some PDFs and upload them to fedora.redhat.com/docs/.

I prefer the second way for three reasons: It works, it gives us with no extra
work a high-quality PDF and CSS is effective there, so we can control the output
pretty well before getting the PDF.

I'll investigate producing PDFs from `make html-nochunks` and see whether the
CSS property `page-break-before:` works and try to make it more usable a bit.

Does anyone know whether we can use it from the command-line?

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/