Self-Introduction / Fedora Translation Project

John Charron fedora.redhat.user at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 14:09:13 UTC 2007

*Self-Introduction: John Charron - Fedora Translation Project*

 John Charron (fcrhuser)

Montpellier, France

 *Mother tongues*: English and French

*Other language*: Italian

 *Source/Target Languages*:

French -> English

English -> French

Italian -> French

French -> Italian*

*Although Italian is not my mother tongue, I would like to do *some* French
to Italian translation. Having a good number of contacts, the final version
of any such translations will be proofread and corrected by a person whose
mother tongue is Italian before being submitted.

 *University Studies*

-Doctor of Music, Juilliard School, New York (1994)

-Master of Applied Linguistics, University of Montpellier, France (2002)

-Master of Technical Translation (English-French-Italian), University of
Montpellier, France (2006)

 Hi all!

 Linux and Fedora are relatively new to me and so is ICT. As translator, I
don't yet know what aspects of the Fedora Project would interest me most.
Although the translation of material related to my areas of specialization
interests me (programs for amateur and professional musicians, electronic
dictionaries, translation software, applications for foreign language
training, etc.), I would also be interested in translating more technical
documentation on various ICT-related topics. I will be studying computer
science at the local university here in Montpellier from September 2007 and
would like my work for the project to be both a contribution and a learning
experience.

 In addition to having an excellent working knowledge of general
applications (word processing, spreadsheets, multimedia applications,
Internet, etc.) and typing from 50 to 60 words per minute, I am learning
more and more about Linux, scripts, UNIX commands and some basic programming
in C++, and am really enjoying it all.

 I am looking forward to participating in the Fedora Translation Project and
eager to becoming more involved in the Fedora community!

 John

 P.S. - I need cvsdocs membership approval (see below) and may need some
help getting started as well. Many thanks.

 * * *

 [linux at localhost ~]$ gpg --fingerprint E40B581F

pub 1024D/E40B581F 2007-02-19

Key fingerprint = E313 ED96 E8DD 2D7A C69D 07E0 D4FA 455C E40B 581F

uid John Charron (Linux Man) <fedora.redhat.user at gmail.com>

sub 2048g/20F0F8C5 2007-02-19

 * * *

 from accounts at fedoraproject.org <accounts at fedoraproject.org>

to cvsdocs-sponsors at fedoraproject.org

cc fedora.redhat.user at gmail.com

date 25-Feb-2007 01:42

subject Fedora cvsdocs membership approval needed for fcrhuser

 Fedora user fcrhuser, aka John Charron <fedora.redhat.user at gmail.com> has
requested

membership in the cvsdocs group - that membership needs approval.

 Please go to
https://admin.fedora.redhat.com/accounts/groupbox.cgi?_editme=Edit&name=cvsdocsto
take action.

 -- The Fedora Account System