your thoughts on screenshots?

Jason Taylor jmtaylor90 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 22:11:35 UTC 2007

So the thinking being then, use text whenever possible, if you ge an
itch to use a picture, try and use a diagram, if you don't want to or
for whatever reason can't use a diagram then use a screenshot with
associated text, with the last 2 options being used as sparingly as
possible.

-Jason

On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 14:39 -0700, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-03-20 at 16:11 -0400, Jason Taylor wrote:
> > I agree with the points/arguments made with the caveat that most people
> > are visually oriented types, especially non-technical users. They aren't
> > interested necessarily in reading through a paragraph of text where if
> > they look at a picture with the information they need they are happy.
>
> What you are describing is more like a diagram.
>
> Just a plain screenshot is as uninformative as staring at the actual
> program.
>
> Now, if that screenshot is covered in arrows and numbers and such that
> *provide additional meaning*, then, that is a diagram. :)  I agree that
> a good diagram can replace many lines of text, and do it much better.

Learn something new every day. :)

<snipped>