Self-Introduction: Jonathan Roberts

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 15:51:18 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-29 at 16:22 +0100, Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> > Good to meet you Jonathan!  The best place to start is often to simply
> > look at the draft documentation on the wiki at
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts and see what you'd like to
> > improve.  (I'd lean away from creating brand new documents since we're
> > still trying to wrangle a number of these into shape, including the
> > Desktop User Guide.)
>
> I've looked over this - and the documentation as a whole! - some bits
> look like they're pretty close to being finished? Or is it just my
> imagination, I don't know your criteria for defining a completed doc.
> For example the ISO burning tutorial. I'll keep looking over the
> documents abouts writing documents and try and sort membership of the
> fedora project etc so I can start editing.

I think everything you need to do for membership is outlined here:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/NewWriters#SigningUp

> > Getting involved is basically a matter of rolling up one's sleeves and
> > delving into something interesting, however new or unfamiliar.  You will
> > reap great rewards as a result!  (That's my Chinese fortune cookie mode
> > in full view.)
>
> Haha well hopefully it will turn out like this! I'll get my membership
> and everything sorted - what do I need to do to get added to the docs
> writers group? - and then (try to) make myself useful...

Once you have your GPG key and go through the account creation process,
you should be good to go.  A Bugzilla account is a good idea too, if you
don't have one.  Use the same public email address for everything to
avoid confusion.  If you have any questions or hardships, please drop a
line to the list! :-)