Clearing out release notes

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Thu Mar 1 01:35:29 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-02-28 at 17:32 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
> I'd like to suggest that we take the Docs/Beats/* pages, and strip out
> all existing data up through the original FC6 final release.  Any
> remaining content is likely fresh enough for F7 release.

I think I understand what you mean, but not for certain from the way
this is worded.  If you strip out everything, then there is nothing left
to be fresh or stale for F7.  But I believe you to mean that you are
going to use the Get Info tool to generate a diff of the content added
after the date of FC6 release from the content added before that date.

>   That way, we
> don't risk contributors coming in to the "alpha" release thinking
> there's no work to do when there's really quite a bit.
>
> I will volunteer to help if we can get enough +1's.

+1 based on my understanding of the above situation/recommendation.

Karsten Wade, RHCE, 108 Editor    ^     Fedora Documentation Project