PDF format guides

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Fri Mar 2 14:14:28 UTC 2007

O/H Karsten Wade έγραψε:
> On Thu, 2007-03-01 at 20:46 +0300, John Babich wrote:
>> FDP Team:
>> PDF creation is a great idea.
>>
>> I brought it up in the past, and, until we get it automated
>> in the toolchain, I'm glad to produce PDFs via cups-PDF
>> and upload them and link them to the page.
>
> Can you post or email me (so I can post) a version of the FC6
> Installation Guide done using this method?

I mentioned `htmldoc` many months ago on the IRC but maybe everyone was drunk
back then and didn't pay attention. Darn, I *really* should start writing
everything (ideas, tasks) down for future reference... :/

I've updated our wiki page about the PDF creation together with some TODOs.
Anyone wants to help out with those?

  http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Tools/PDFconversion

Attached on the page you can find a PDF I created and instructions/info about
the use of `htmldoc`. Here's a quick link [1].

[1]:http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Tools/PDFconversion?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=FIG-htmldoc.pdf

The cool thing with this is that we can add many 'no-chunks' files to naivly
create a big Guide.

> I think
> we still want to move documents from Docs/Drafts => XML, rather than
> having them at Docs.  I got an email this morning from someone pointing
> out that not letting people edit or make comments on a document in Docs
> defeats the purpose of having it in a Wiki.  I agree, and want to get
> our formally published documents out of the Wiki. :)

I think we should really try to find a way not only to create our docs online
but to also *maintain* them. "Wiki -> XML" is indeed great, but unless we get it
as much automated as possible, the overhead is a nightmare.

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/