h1 in Wiki

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Fri Mar 2 17:49:56 UTC 2007

On Fri, 2007-03-02 at 15:33 +0000, Dimitris Glezos wrote:
> O/H Karsten Wade έγραψε:
> > I've lost track of what we want to appear as a primary header (h1) on a
> > Wiki page.  That is, we sometimes use this:
> >
> > {{{#!html
> > <h2>Page Title</h2>}}}
> >
> > Is this strictly for visual affect?
>
> The above is the same as `== Page Title ==`, so we could just strip the
> obfuscation and use the syntax.

It's not necessarily obfuscation -- the point is not the appearance, but
rather how it gets converted to DocBook.  To find out the effects, try
converting a Beats page to DocBook and see how the sectioning using '=',
'==', etc. changes the resulting markup.  The end goal in converting the
Beats is for each Beat to be a file containing a top-level <section>,
all of which are XIncludes in the parent <article> file.

Before we declare a standard here, check to see what it implies for the
conversion process and how much more editing is required to get the
resulting file in shape for publication.  I remember having to deal with
this several times, and unfortunately I took crappy (meaning "no") notes
on the right and wrong ways of doing this.