FDSCo agenda for 11-Mar-2007

Dimitris Glezos dimitris at glezos.com
Sat Mar 10 20:52:18 UTC 2007

(Why did we start numbering from 0? Honestly, people! :)

## Item 4: Recruitment processes

I'd like us to discuss the way we enable new members of the FDP to contribute to
the project. Currently, we have a Schedule wiki page and we ask new members to
choose on what they'd like to work. While this is very liberal, I think its too
overwhelming for new members. I got lost at the beginning by watching 1K
technical discussions.

Maybe we could have smaller and more precisely defined tasks so that new members
can understand how we work by working with a mentor. Let me write down some
examples of tasks that could be picked up and worked with a mentor (on top of my
head):

 * Take a look at DUG and propose 5 suggestions to improve it
 * Discuss with your mentor what we need to document and how to organize DUG to
provide info for KDE and XFCE desktops as well
 * Grab our Docbook sources for Guide X, compile it, produce translations and
update PO files
 * Checkout the web directory and report on the way we do redirects

It would be great if new members, which haven't found a way to contribute,
participated in the above discussion. Bring your ideas forward, tell us what
you'd like us to do to help you contribute to the project! :)

-d

--
Dimitris Glezos
http://dimitris.glezos.com/