CVS reorg

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Mon Mar 12 19:44:23 UTC 2007

On Mon, 2007-03-12 at 10:50 -0800, Karsten Wade wrote:
> On Sat, 2007-03-10 at 11:22 -0500, Paul W. Frields wrote:
>
> > Discussion?
>
> None required here, your ideas rock.
>
> I particularly like that we can have SVG + PO to make localized images
> very easy ... right?
>
> What do we do about screenshots and other raster images?  In terms of i)
> common files (when needed), and ii) l10n.

Well, these are all on a module-by-module (doc-by-doc) basis.  We want
to rely on SVG as much as possible.  There's really no way to
"translate" raster images; we have to rely on three things:

1.  We only use screenshots where absolutely necessary
2.  Users can always fall back to en_US as a crutch since the UI should
remain relatively constant
3.  The build tools already allow for other l10n versions of screenshots

Did I interpret your question right?