Welcome wizzard

Jonathan Roberts jonathan.roberts.uk at googlemail.com
Wed May 16 09:00:28 UTC 2007

> You're thinking of a local/fat application?  Something that is kicked
> off by the completion of firstboot?

Is more or less what I had in mind.

> What about putting that into the welcome page for the browser, and
> auto-starting Firefox?  Whatever that page looks or acts like, it could
> have a nicely visible "New Users Start Here" widget that kicks off what
> you are describing.

That would be a simple way to achieve the launching of it I would
assume, or possibly an option at the end of the firstboot, like you
said before.

> It sounds like a confluence of tool and content/media creation, so it is
> like an interactive tour.

I think that might be the most useful way for it to go, but it could
even be made simpler and just point to the essentials that new users
might miss.

Jon