hardware solutions and other one-off

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed May 16 18:51:53 UTC 2007

Below is an example of a request that we haven't been able to fill, to
support a community-based set of content about hardware compatibility
and solutions.  I think a knowledgebase solution (kbase) is the best way
to tackle this, and it has been discussed here before.  We can get this
specified, planned, and put into a queue for deployment by Fedora
Infrastructure.

Anyone interested in moving ahead on this?  A post Fedora 7 project, to
be sure.  Sam Folk-Williams, iirc, was interested ... who else?

Any other ideas for supporting this kind of thing in a non-crazy way?

< whojarr> is there a documentation project for hardware specific
setups?
< whojarr> want to put my laptop specific issues and resolution
somewhere.
< vpv> maybe the fedoramobile site would be the right place?
< jmbuser> whojarr:  I get results from www.linux-on-laptops.com
< jmbuser> whojarr: It points to other sites, though
< jmbuser> whojarr: Assuming it's a laptop you're talking about
< whojarr> yeah. cheers.. my solutions are all specific to ferdora. will
see what fits best.
< quaid> I think a kbase is probably the best technical and
collaborative solution to "community hardware compatibility and
solutions"

--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project