REQUEST: specific narrow focus list for my participation

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Mon May 21 10:42:13 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-05-09 at 14:59 +0000, George (Skip) VerDuin wrote:

> Specific to this subject, using the "ifconfig" statement to establish an
> alias IP address does produce what seems to be a valid definition, but
> when a packet is built it contains an incorrect source IP address.  This
> is true on FC-6 up-to-date within weeks, but not true on ubuntu platform
> operated by an associate of mine.  Until FC documentation contains the
> passage to describe the "should be" definition (that I can not locate
> and believe may not exist) I can not consider this situation to be a
> software bug.

The way you describe it, it sounds more like a bug.  Is there any reason
not to file a bug report on it?

Search for a similar report:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/query.cgi?format=simple

And/or file a report on the 'net-tools' package that
provides /sbin/ifconfig:

https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fedora%20Core

If it does turn out to need a mention in the documentation, then it
would belong here somewhere:

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Docs/Drafts/AdministrationGuide

thx - Karsten
--
   Karsten Wade, 108 Editor       ^     Fedora Documentation Project