The KDE-SIG needs (your) help

Antoni Ridzki Andromeda antoniathlonnt at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 14:43:42 UTC 2007

Dear,
I'm sorry if I replying this in a wrong place. I still don't understand this
working. I hope people can use easiest way to contribute to fedora. So I
don't need to do such things explained in fedora project wiki.

I need your help, I've just apllied for fedora account, I got it, but in
order to use it I need (if correct) to introduce myself to forum thorugh
wiki, the problem is I can't enter to freenode at irc, this in turn, makes
me unable to contact anyone within edit group. So, I cannot introduce
myself.

Please help me, I cannot connect to freenode, so please help me to gain edit
previledge at wiki, so I can introduce myself, and I can help fedora project
in translating software and documents to Indonesian Language.

Thanks for your help.

regards,
Antoni Ridzki Andromeda

On 11/4/07, John Babich <jmbabich at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10/30/07, Sebastian Vahl <ml at deadbabylon.de> wrote:
> > This is a request for participation:
> > The KDE-SIG [1] is atm lacking active contributors. And we really need
> some
> < snip >
>
> Sorry for the delay in responding.
>
> As a contributor and lead writer for the Fedora Docs Project, I
> especially agree with the following:
> >
> > * Documentation writers: The documentation (esp. the DesktopUserGuide)
> is
> > GNOME-centered. Help us to provide an equivalent for KDE.
> >

> +1
>
> As the lead writer for the Desktop User Guide (or DUG), I have plenty
> of work for anyone who wishes to promote the KDE side of the house as
> far as default apps installed when doing a "groupinstall KDE" or using
> the KDE LIve CD.
>
> An easy approach is to look at the existing GNOME-centric DUG and
> write up the KDE equivalent of the GNOME applications in a given
> section. For example, describe how to launch and use Konqueror as a
> web browser.
>
> Don't worry about where things fit in - I can take care of the
> placement of the material in the appropriate section of the DUG.
>
> Best Regards,
>
> John Babich
> Volunteer, Fedora Docs Project
> Lead Writer, Desktop user Guide