wiki collaboration

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Nov 9 15:38:44 UTC 2007

Just a quick reminder to those who are new to collaborating with wikis.

One of the great things about a wiki is the ability for you to watch one
or more pages for edits.  Then, if there is something to correct or add
in an edit from someone else, you can just go fix it.

For you folks who are newer to the team, you may have experienced me or
another editor dropping by your document and doing a whole bunch of
corrections, usually of the markup/wiki syntax, and often adjusting
grammar or tense.

This is to be expected (we all need reminders of markup syntax and to
use active tense), and it is a good way for you to learn while you are
doing the work.  I try to appear early enough in the work process that I
can help you with pointers, so it helps the rest of your future work.

So don't feel singled out when one of us jumps on your page and uses it
as an example to you of how to do things the Fedora Docs way.  It
happens with everyone. :)  ... and unfortunately, the comment field is
just big enough to put in pointers to e.g.
WikiEditing#MarkingTechnicalContent and to type in much more than that.

You all are doing great work; there is so much activity on some days the
wiki edits just blur by.  It makes my heart sing. :)

Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41