Self-Introduction: Geert Warrink

John Babich jmbabich at gmail.com
Sat Nov 10 20:21:19 UTC 2007

On Nov 10, 2007 11:10 PM, Geert Warrink <geert.warrink at onsnet.nu> wrote:
> Mij name is Geert Warrink and I live in the village Nuenen in the
> Netherlands.

Welkom, Geert!

> Currently I am retired, but before that I worked as an electronic
> engineer with Philips Research. In the last period of my working life, I
> supported the users of our in-house IC design simulation package called
> Pstar. This included giving courses to users and writing user
> documentation. The language used in these activity was mostly English.

You sound like a contemporary of mine. However, I haven't had the
pleasure of retiring yet.

> My goal in the Fedora project is the translation of documentation to
> Dutch.

That's great - at the same time, I hope you decide to contribute to
some documents in English, such as the Desktop Users Guide. You
can then translate them into Dutch. :-)

> I think that I could do a good job as I have experience in this kind of
> activities buildup in my working period. Besides, being retired now, I
> do have quite an amount of time available to spend on this project.
> I have been using Linux since 1995 of a PC, before that I experimented
> with Linux on an Amiga 2000.
> In the past, I have done some programming, but I don't really like
> that.
>
> All in all, I think that I can improve quality and at least the quantity
> of the Dutch Fedora Documentation.

Since you are introducing yourself on the mailing list, I'm sure that you
have read the guidelines in the wiki for participating in the Fedora Docs
Project. Of course, the Fedora Translation Project is also a good fit for
your language skills.

Once again, welcome to the Fedora Docs Project.

Best Regards,

John Babich
Volunteer, Fedora Docs Project