SIGs, projects, and leadership

John Poelstra poelstra at redhat.com
Tue Nov 27 07:43:24 UTC 2007

Karsten Wade said the following on 11/21/2007 11:25 AM Pacific Time:
> On Mon, 2007-11-19 at 09:04 +0900, Marc Wiriadisastra wrote:
>
>> Can we have a calender to plan stuff similar to how packaging has a
>> target of what needs to be done.  The only difference for us is that we
>> are dependent on other people in some parts of the docs areas.  Plus a
>> lot of the stuff that is created is a revolving calender.
>
> Yes, it's the project management where we are suffering over the years.
> To be honest, I'm not as passionate about PM work, so I don't prioritize
> it over other (fun!) stuff.
>
> Let's appeal to John Poelstra to work with us.

Appeal accepted.  Glad to help however I can :)

> Is there anyone here who is interested in PM work, scheduling, and the
> like?  We could work with John to make up a Docs schedule that ties into
> the overall schedule (like as a module).

I just finished creating one (link posted in a separate thread) based on help from Paul F understanding the durations and other behind the scenes stuff which I think is better reflected in the schedule now--instead of a single milestone the incremental steps that lead up to it are also listed.

John