POT/PO update for release notes

Paul W. Frields stickster at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 23:09:01 UTC 2007

I just made a final update of the POT for the release-notes module.  No
more changes will be made before I pick up the completed PO files on
Wednesday, November 7, at approximately 2359 UTC.  At that time I will
roll everything into a zero-day fedora-release-notes RPM package update
for F-8.

We can use this thread to discuss a target date for updating the package
again for teams that want to work on updating their translation of the
Release Notes materials.  A target date of December 8 seems like a good
place to start.  If anyone has suggestions, the floor is yours! :-)

Also, by the way, as mentioned in a previous thread, we will no longer
be imposing any minimum limitation on translation completion for a
locale to be included in the RPM.  If you have a PO file entered, its
translation output will be included in the distribution.  If there are
bugs for incomplete translation, we'll simply get them assigned to the
proper teams.

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard on getting these ready -- it looks
like we'll have at least 11 languages ready on release date!  You guys
never fail to astound me with how much work you can accomplish in such a
relatively short time.  Congratulations to all the teams for their
efforts!

           Fedora Project: http://pfrields.fedorapeople.org/