push to publish Admin Guide (was Re: too long of a field trip)

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Fri Nov 16 04:08:16 UTC 2007

On Thu, 2007-11-15 at 19:08 -0500, Mike Dittmeier wrote:
> It's good to be back! have been out of touch on work assignments, but
> I'm ready to get back to it. I finished the upgrade to F8 today, and I'm
> ready to dive into the FDUG/FUG. I'll take a look at the wiki tonight,
> and more than likely just start at the top and work my way down. Are
> there any sections already in progress that I should avoid?

As it happens, I got this today in IRC:

15:41 < mdious> quaid, when did you want the admin guide to be finished?

What do you all think?  When is it ready for a full editor once-over?

After that, it gets converted to XML, which could take about a week.
The more hands, the faster. :)

Could we target Sunday 25 Nov. for beginning the conversion to XML?

That means we need the wiki copy ready for editorial review by Friday 23
Nov.

This would give us an 03 Dec. publication date, possibly to coincide
with an updated release notes.

Too aggressive?

If we wait much later, we'll run into some holiday timing that may or
may not help our cause. :D

Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41