Self Introduction : Dan O'Brien

Dan O'Brien dan at new2linux.com
Wed Nov 21 18:34:18 UTC 2007

Full Name: Dan O'Brien
Location: New York, USA
Profession: Systems Administrator
Company: Xanboo, Inc.

    * Your goals in the Fedora Project
          o What do you want to write about? I'd like to help out
            wherever I can.
          o What other documentation do you want to see published? I'd
            like to see some documents geared towards people just
            getting started in Linux, or for people trying to make the
            switch from Windows to Linux.
    * Historical qualifications
          o What other projects or writing have you worked on in the
            past?  I started a website (new2linux.com) dedicated to
            helping people get started in Linux (albeit, i've spent more
            time getting the web application working than getting
            articles posted on it).
          o What level and type of computer skills do you have?
            Intermediate / Moderate. I've been running Linux since
            RedHat 7, dedicated Linux user for 2 1/2 - 3 years now.
          o What makes you an excellent match for the project? I have a
            general desire to help people get started in Linux and help
            them in any way possible.

$ gpg --fingerprint A75979DB
pub   1024D/A75979DB 2007-11-19 [expires: 2008-11-18]
      Key fingerprint = D77E 7910 9AFE 9480 7BB8  EFF0 DFA6 0496 A759 79DB
uid                  Dan OBrien (other) <dan at new2linux.com>
sub   1024g/DC1E64F0 2007-11-19 [expires: 2008-11-18]