Setting the sights

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 17:23:13 UTC 2007

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/DocsProject/Tasks

> > 1. Any unstarted task targeted for FC-5 or before which has no owner.
> >
> > 2. Any unstarted task for which we have no contributor who knows how to
> > complete the task, regardless of ownership.
> >
> > 3. Any started task which has no current owner.
> >
> > 4. Any started task for which no updates have happened in >6 months,
> > regardless of ownership.
> >

> +1 to all
>
> This seems like very fair criteria to me and reminds me of where we
> have moved to with Features--if there isn't a clear owner and nothing
> is happening, track them on a wish list so they aren't completely
> lost, but at the same time aren't being actively tracked for
> completion.

Agreed.

> I think a Trac instance for task tracking might be more
> manageable--similar to the way the Infrastructure group uses it?

Personally I cannot stand using Bugzilla for tracking anything other
than bugs.  OTOH, doing something totally away from the Fedora norm
doesn't help anyone.  Not sure what is the best action here ...

I reckon we should focus on what is best for this sub-project *first*.

Karsten Wade, Developer Community Mgr.
Fedora : http://quaid.fedorapeople.org
gpg key : AD0E0C41